All courses that have been developed for ECTEG are freely available for law enforcement organisations. They include all necessary slides as well as manuals for trainers and students. The courses include the following properties:
- Expertise:Each course is designed by a team of subject matter experts.
- Internationality: All courses are developed for an international audience.
- Tested: All courses have at least run once in a pilot training.
- Introductory Open Source IT Forensics
- Live Data Forensics
- Dark web and virtual currencies basic
- Linux as an Investigative Tool, part 1
- Linux as an Investigative Tool, part 2
- Python programming for investigators
- Malware Investigations
- Core Skills in Mobile Phone Forensics
- Intermediate Mobile Phone Forensics
- Network Investigations
- Network Forensic Intermediate Course
- Internet Investigations
- Wireless LAN & VOIP Investigations
- Windows Forensics
- Windows File Systems Advanced Forensics
- Mac Forensics Course
- Solid State and other Storage media Forensic
- Data Mining and Databases
- Forensic Scripting using Bash
From November 2017 and thanks to EU funding, ECTEG coordinates and funds projects lead by members. Projects are prioritised by the members, with final decision from Law Enforcement supported by the advisory group, where Europol and CEPOL are permanently represented.
This approach allows to address quicker the identified needs, including updates of existing course materials and to provide transversal materials.
Find more info about each project on the dedicated page :