All courses materials developed for ECTEG are available free of charge strictly for law enforcement organisations involved within an IT forensics or IT crime training process.
Who is allowed to apply ?
One of the following organisation, who plan to organise one or more training session(s) restricted for attendees from Law Enforcement, based, fully or partially, on ECTEG materials:
- Law Enforcement national authorities, including customs, borders, judiciary, financial and tax fraud investigation units or intelligence service with mandate of law enforcement activities from a EU country (EU member state or member of Schengen or the European Economic Area).
- OSCE, UNODC, Council of Europe, CEPOL, Europol, OLAF, Eurojust, European Defence Agency, Frontex, Interpol.
- ECTEG academic member with provided supporting letter from a Law Enforcement Agency who will select the attendees to the organised training session(s).
- Any Law Enforcement Agencies, with provided supporting letter from one ECTEG Law Enforcement member or by request from one organisation here above described.
- Other bodies providing supporting letter from one ECTEG Law Enforcement member.
How to apply ?
Applications are to be done in writing by using official application form provided by ECTEG. Form filled, dated, printed and signed to be scanned to a PDF file and send to ECTEG board. Original printed document need to be provided by regular post mail upon request from the ECTEG board. This document will include:
- Clear identification of the organisation, including address and contact information such e-mail and phone number.
- Name of the module the application is issued for
- If used as it, fully or partially, or modified in any form.
- If ECTEG materials will be, full or partially translated, in which languages(s)
- Clear description of student target group and how many students are planned to be trained for this set of sessions
- How many training sessions are planned and during which period.
- How many teacher and/or trainers will be involved
- Signed by authority with legal power to engage the applicant organisation and affixed with organisation Official stamp.
- In case of needed, letter signed and stamped by the supporting entity as described in previous section
Applicants agrees with following conditions?
- Requests for material use need to be put forward at least four weeks in advance and no more that 12 months before the first planned training activity. Periods may not exceed 24 months and start within the 12 months after the application.
- Application is valid for the organisation of a single course module for the specified period. However, the training can include several sessions (each session representing a whole training of participants). In case of a course involving several ECTEG modules, a clear curriculum listing involved modules demonstrating the identified need will be provided.
- Training of the law enforcement personnel facilitated by the release of the Training Materials shall be delivered on a “non-profit basis” where no commercial profit is gained by the provider of the Training Materials, except for covering expenses necessitated by the delivery of the Training Materials. Typical expenses include room rental, equipment rental, productions of course materials, the production/supply of student resources, fees payable to trainers for the delivery of the course, expenses necessarily incurred by trainers in attending courses, approved fees and expenses incurred by students in attending courses.
- Course manager will be responsible that any recommendations from course training manual about classroom installation and configuration, network configuration, computers settings are applied and to provide number of advised trainers.
- When modifying or translating ECTEG material to follow ECTEG course development standards.
- Provide to ECTEG board soon as possible and at least 4 weeks before first training sessions date(s) and place(s) where session(s) will be organised and advise ECTEG board as soon as possible in case of change.
- Allow an ECTEG appointed and funded expert to attend training session(s) as observer.
- To organise course attendees, teachers and trainers feedback by using ECTEG online feedback system or provided ECTEG feedback forms.
- To involve an ECTEG referenced trainer, at least during the first session on this topic within the applying organisation. In case ECTEG referenced trainer is not working for the organisation, to arrange and cover travel costs, accommodation and daily subsistence allowance.
- Include ECTEG logo and the mention “funded by the EU” on all materials, including modified and translated ones
- Provide to ECTEG board at the latest two months after each session a report including:
- Comprehensive overview of the comments and suggestions for updates
- Number of participants
ECTEG approval and material delivery
ECTEG board approval or refusal is forwarded to the applicant, within the 7 days from e-mail reception.
- ECTEG board my refuse without explaining causes. In case a LEA or ECTEG member supporting the application, causes will be provided to this body upon request to the board.
- In case of agreement, materials are electronically delivered to the applicant in the 2 weeks after the approval.
Please contact us to discuss the further details of your application for the course materials.