Title: Vista & Windows 7 Forensics
Year: Jan 2010 – Version 1.0
Duration: 1 week
To provide students with forensic sound knowledge about Microsoft Windows Vista regarding the installation and configuration as a forensic platform, the aspects of Vista live forensics and the investigation of Vista data carrier.
- Advanced technical knowledge is assumed and the students should have a good understanding of computer forensics and forensic software applications (e.g. X-Ways Forensics, FTK, EnCase, TSK).
- It is essential that students have a good working knowledge of the English language as the lessons will be delivered in English. A sample from the course notes will be sent prior to the course for the students to self-assess their English language ability.
- Students will need to be able to understand and communicate in English.
Small list of agenda / topics / main points
- Install and configure a Vista platform for forensic computing purposes
- Run through live data forensics on Vista machines
- ../.. undisclosed topics
- Use the power of the command line interface to acquire volatile data
If you are interested in applying for this course please read following page